SiteGround Review - UPDATED Feb. 2019
SiteGround is an exceptional web host company that caters to aspiring individuals and soaring businesses with a plethora of premium web hosting solutions. They are renowned for their excellent performance and security and beloved by their users for the excellent support and affordable prices. Read this honest SiteGuard reviews to learn more.
- You get a FREE domain name with all hosting plans.
- You can easily enable CloudFlare CDN.
- You can choose between four data centers on three continents.
- One free website migration is included in every plan, which means you can easily transfer your website to SiteGround.
- SSD drives guarantee fast loading times for your website. They come with all plans.
- You can install FREE SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt with just one click.
- They have outstanding 24/7 support. They are constantly online, so you won’t have to wait to chat with a representative. Tickets are answered in under 10 minutes, which is also impressive.
- They are officially recommended by WordPress.org as one of the best hosting providers.
Their hosting program offers a variety of platforms, unmatched speed, and servers optimized for apps such as Joomla, WordPress, and Magento. All sites are hosted in one of four data centers located in the US, UK, Netherlands, and Singapore. They all use SSDs (Solid State Drives) to provide the fastest loading times possible.
You can get free website migration in a quick, seamless fashion assisted by their team of experts. Their cPanel hosting is unprecedented with multiple server locations, free account transfer, and a daily backup. If you opt for a CMS, SiteGround offers a wide array of fun, easy to use, customizable Joomla templates and WordPress and Magento themes. You can also get a free domain name with no setup or transfer costs, which is something you won’t find elsewhere.
Plans & Prices
Their most affordable shared hosting package starts at $3.95 per month. Considering that you get free setup, transfer, and domain name, this is a real bargain. Plus, you get a 30-day money back guarantee that allows you to try out their services without the risk of losing your money. You can get reseller hosting for as low as €33 per year, before VAT. Cloud Hosting is available at a reasonable price, too. Overall, their prices are very competitive, which makes them stand out among other web host providers.
Shared web hosting has three super affordable packages, including StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek. Their names are pretty much self-explanatory; they walk you through the website building process, allowing you to grow your site step by step and develop it through self-paced upgrading. All three plans come with essential features, but you get access to their premium and geeky advanced features once you switch up to another plan.
All plans include a free domain name, website builder, unlimited traffic, and unlimited MySQL databases.
- StartUP: for $3.95 per month, you can host one website and you get 10GB storage space.
- GrowBig: for $7.95 per month, you can host multiple websites and you get 20GB storage space, one wildcard SSL, and priority technical support.
- GoGeek: for $14.95 per month, you get all the features included in the GrowBig plan, as well as 30GB storage space, free PCI compliance, WordPress and Joomla staging, and one-click Git Repo creation.
As we previously mentioned in this SiteGuard review, this hosting provider is recommended by WordPress as one of the best hosting solutions on the market. This means that you can’t go wrong with choosing SiteGround to host your WP website. Their plans feature everything that is included in managed WordPress hosting and more! Daily backups, auto updates, CDN, unlimited MySQL database storage, and WP-CLI are included in all plans. You get a free domain registration as well.
- StartUP: for $3.95 per month, you get to host one WP website and you get 10GB storage space.
- GrowBig: for $7.95 per month, you get to host multiple WP websites and 20GB storage space, WP Super Cacher, and 30 backup copies.
- GoGeek: for $14.95 per month, you get all of the above, plus 30GB storage space, one-click WordPress staging, and pre-installed Git for WordPress.
With a range of plans to choose from, cloud hosting is one of the fastest and most scalable cloud-based hosting options out there, with SSD disks for unparalleled efficiency and speed. Their plans include Entry, Business, Business Plus, and Enterprise with as much as 80GB of disk space, auto-scalable resources, daily backups, free CDN, and fully managed servers.
Dedicated servers come in the Entry Server, Power Server, and Enterprise Server plans with countless perks and benefits such as WHM & cPanel, Softaculous Autoinstaller, MySQL 5 & PostgreSQL, 5 PHP Versions, Apache & CentOS, Private DNS Server Setup, IP Tables Firewall, and much more. You also get a free domain name, free dedicated IP addresses, and free CloudFlare CDN.
Their reseller hosting program comes in handy for web designers and developers looking to increase their revenue. You can get a partial discount on the accounts you purchase and resell. Your reseller accounts are activated with your credit and are fully-featured with advanced security, guaranteed uptime, non-branded cPanel, and Private DNS upgrade.
Customer & Technical Support
Their friendly, expert tech staff is available 24/7 and will go out of their way to help you via ticket submission, live chat or phone. Each feature is covered in their extensive Knowledge base and their visually appealing, easy-to-follow video tutorials, e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Magento, and Drupal. They don’t like to keep you waiting, so they reboot upon request. For those of you who are curious to find out more, there are excellent SiteGround webinars to attend where they provide you with insight into the latest hot topics in the world of web hosting and development.
SiteGround has a 30-day money back guarantee, like most other hosting providers. However, keep in mind that this guarantee only applies to shared hosting plans, which means that the other types of hosting they offer are not covered. Additionally, if you want to get a full refund, you have to request service cancellation through their User Area.
- Free domain name
- Free setup & transfer
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Free website builder
- Fast and easy setup
- Great uptime results
- Instant tech support
- SSD drives for all plans
- Daily backups
- Limited storage