Network Solutions Review - UPDATED Feb. 2019
Network Solutions is a Web.com company that has over 30 years of experience in creating all types of websites for small businesses. The provider boasts over 3 million satisfied customers. Moreover, it prides itself on helping small businesses succeed with simple solutions that can help each company grow. Together, Network Solutions and Web.com make sure to have an in-depth interview with every website, e-commerce solution, online marketing program, and social media page to build each user a powerful web presence. Read this detailed Network Solutions review to learn more about this popular hosting provider.
- You get daily malware scans and backups for enhanced website security.
- You get 24/7 access to a technical adviser who can help you set up your hosting. Real person assistance is included in all plans.
- You get free domain name for life, regardless of your chosen plan.
- The company’s hosting plans are fully optimized for running WordPress. You get enhanced security and automatic core, theme, and plugin updates.
- The provider offers a wide variety of additional services, including SEO, PPC marketing, Facebook ads, and much more.
- You get a free website builder that comes with hundreds of modern templates and a wide choice of stock images.
Network Solutions provides users with many features that can help you grow your website and attract more traffic. It allows you to register your domain name privately and protect your domain name expiration. Moreover, you can create your own website with 3 different options.
Network Solutions also offers SSL security solutions for online security and provides your websites with a closed padlock symbol in your browser window. There are 5 different types of SSL certificates that you can choose from to keep your online business secure, including Xpress and extended.
It also offers online marketing tools such as SEO (search engine optimization), PPC (Pay Per Click), Facebook boost, email marketing, and many others.
Plans & Prices
Network Solutions is not the most affordable provider on the market, but it is not the most expensive one either. For example, a simple basic shared hosting plan costs $9.96 per month whereas a basic SSL certificate costs $54.99 per year.
The company provides plans that offer you a wide range of features, which can boost your small business and help it become successful.
Shared hosting comes in three different packages: web hosting, professional hosting, and professional plus. All plans cover the basic needs of anyone looking to host smaller websites and they include unlimited data transfer and 100 domain pointers. You can choose between Linux and Windows hosting plans depending on what software you would like to use for running your site.
- Essential Hosting: for $9.96/month, you’ll get 300GB disk space, 1000 emails, and 25 FTP accounts.
- Professional Hosting: for $13.29/month, you’ll get 500GB disk space, 2500 emails, and 50 FTP accounts.
- Premium Hosting: for $29.13/month, you’ll get unlimited disk space, unlimited emails, and unlimited FTP accounts.
Secure WordPress Hosting was created to protect customers from common attacks such as SQL infections, Cross Site Scripting, and other dangers that could compromise your business. It was developed to reduce attack opportunities, meaning that the company will quickly find, fix, and resolve any kind of problem. Secure WordPress Hosting is there to keep your security, performance, and support up-to-date with automatic core, theme, and plugin updates. Starting at $15/month, Network Solution’s WordPress hosting plan is definitely worth the money.
You get all the features that you’d expect from a WordPress hosting plan, including unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space, and malware scanning and updates. You also get a free SSL Certificate for your website and a real-person assistance with setting up your WP site up to 60 days after signup.
For more advanced users, Network Solutions offers VPS hosting which comes in two plans depending on how much resources you need. With both plans, you get a free domain name for the duration of your hosting plan, as well as full control of the software you want to install on your server with full root access.
- VPS Essential Hosting: for $40/month, you’ll get 1GB guaranteed RAM, 10GB disk space, and 500GB transfer.
- VPS Professional Hosting: for $80/month, you’ll get 1GB guaranteed RAM, 50GB disk space, and 2000GB transfer.
Customer & Technical Support
Since Network Solutions is a company that prides itself on helping small businesses grow, it provides its customers with customer service 24/7. Network Solutions also gives you the option to meet them in person. Unfortunately, the support is not that great. Many users complain about rude support staff and long response times, which is not something a company of this size should allow itself. While doing research for this Network Solutions review, however, we encountered no such problems.
Network Solutions has a limited 30-day money back guarantee, but there are no details about it on the company’s website. Bear in mind that the provider was slapped by the Federal Trade Commission for misleading customers about the refund policy, charging pricey cancellation fees every time a user wanted a refund. This practice is not something the company currently does, as it would have to pay a hefty fine per each violation – but we still advise you to be cautious and talk to a representative before opting for a plan.
- Custom and advanced options with website building software
- Competitive pricing
- Complex interface
- Lack of dedicated servers
- Lack of managed services
- No information about the money back guarantee