Bluehost Review - UPDATED Feb. 2019
Bluehost is one of the largest cloud-based hosting solutions in the world. They started back in 2003 and have been developing ever since. They keep growing thanks to a number of programs that include affiliates, education, and nonprofits. Apart from this, their primary goal is to keep their focus on shared hosting, WP hosting, cloud hosting, VPS, and dedicated hosting. Read this in-depth Bluehost review to learn more about this top-notch hosting provider and determine if it is the right choice for you.
- BlueHost is the top recommended hosting provider on WordPress’ site.
- You can use various addons, which are simply activated through the control panel, in order to increase the functionality of your site.
- All hosting plans come with a free domain name, even the cheapest ones.
- Content delivery network comes built into the hosting account, enabling fast setup.
- Students and faculty members can get hosting at lower prices, as well as a free domain name.
- The company supports and contributes to various open source projects.
Unlike other web hosting services, this one gives you a FREE domain name with a qualifying plan for one year. You can also access their online demo site to try out a few simple, innovative features for yourself. Their hosting plans come with an enhanced cPanel, which you can test drive to see how to easily manage your domains, files, websites, and more. As an added safety measure, they automatically create daily, weekly, and monthly backups so you can restore your complete data in just a few mouse clicks. Plus, you can upgrade your account to VPS or dedicated servers anytime. Bluehost provides a bevy of completely customizable hosting plans if you choose to join their ResellerClub.
Plans & Prices
Their pricing rates are among the most competitive ones, with a basic shared hosting plan starting at $3.95 per month, standard VPS hosting plan starting at $14.99 per month, and dedicated hosting plan offered to you for as little as $74.99 per month. With the option to register a domain name for free and a money-back guarantee for VPS and dedicated hosting packages, Bluehost stands out as one of the best web host providers out there.
Bluehost is one of the most popular shared hosting providers in the world with a good reason. Whether you are looking to host just one small personal website or a couple of sites with additional security and performance options, the company has something for everyone. Shared hosting is offered to you in three distinct plans – Basic, Plus, and Business Pro. They come with a free domain name and unlimited bandwidth.
- Basic: 1 website, 5 parked domains, and 25 subdomains, with 5 email accounts and 100 MB email storage space – $2.95/month.
- Plus: unlimited websites, emails, parked domains, and subdomains – $5.45/month.
- Prime: everything included in the Plus plan, plus WhoisGuard for one domain and site backups.
WordPress Hosting is what Bluehost excels at. Their VPS servers are designed to make running a WordPress site as easy, fast, and secure as possible. There are several packages to choose from: Blogger, Professional, Business, and Enterprise; they are all built on revolutionary VPS technology with tons of useful tools such as SiteLock, MOJO Marketplace, etc. that make them speedy, simple, and secure.
- WP Standard: 100 million visitors/month, 30GB storage, and 2GB RAM – $19.99/month.
- WP Enhanced: 300 million visitors/month, 60GB storage, and 4GB RAM – $29.99/month.
- WP Premium: 600 million visitors/month, 120GB storage, and 6GB RAM – $39.99/month.
- WP Ultimate: unlimited visitors/month, 240GB storage, and 8GB RAM – $49.99/month.
In addition to standard WordPress hosting, Bluehost also offers hosting plans specially optimized for hosting WooCommerce sites. WooCommerce hosting comes in three plans that vary in storage space, the number of parked domains and subdomains, and some additional features like SpamExpertPro, WhoisGuard, and site backups. They cover the most important things for any online store – you get a dedicated IP address and a Positive SSL certificate with all three plans.
Everyone looking for that bump in performance and security for their online properties cannot make a mistake with choosing cloud hosting. Bluehost cloud services were designed with ease of use in mind. The simple dashboard can tell you everything you need to know about your site’s performance at a glance, you can upgrade at any time if the need arises, and if you are switching from a shared hosting account, migration to the cloud is automated.
Bluehost cloud hosting plans come in three flavors: Starter, Performance, and Business Pro. With the Starter plan, you can host just one website while the other two allow you to host an unlimited number of websites. Available memory and CPU cores vary from 2GB to 6GB and 2 to 6 cores.
VPS hosting allows you to increase your resources as your website grows. You can start with their Standard VPS plan and then switch to Enhanced, the most popular one. They also offer Premium and Ultimate plans that set a new standard with their cutting-edge VPS hosting solutions.
With Dedicated Hosting, you’re in full control of your website’s performance and security. You can choose between Standard, Enhanced, and Premium and get up to 15TB bandwidth, 5 IP addresses, and a money-back guarantee for all three of them.
Customer & Technical Support
You can reach out to their support staff using user-friendly online chat tools, submitting a ticket, or checking out their knowledge base that offers a scope of tips and answers to the most relevant questions and concerns. You can visit their official blog to learn more about the latest trends, pick up a few tips, and get a heads up whenever they decide to upgrade or innovate their hosting environment.
As we already said in this Bluehost review, this renowned hosting provider offers an industry-standard 30-day money back guarantee, which means that you can receive a full refund if you cancel your subscription within 30 days of purchasing a plan. However, unlike most hosting companies, Bluehost also gives prorated refunds to customers who decide to cancel their plan after 30 days of signup.
- Powerful and reliable
- Excellent backup service
- Technical support available 24/7
- Enhanced cPanel
- Custom technology
- Dynamic upgrades
- Storage upgrades
- Speedy servers
- Free drag-and-drop site builder
- Free domain name (one year)
- No migration support for Reseller, VPS, or Dedicated Server accounts